The United States Army Special Forces, commonly known as the Green Berets, produces some of our nation’s finest and most elite warriors. They fight across a broad spectrum of missions in the pursuit of freedom for those oppressed and to protect our nation from those who seek to do us harm. They are known as our country’s quiet professionals. The Green Berets have been defending our nation against its enemies throughout the last 5 decades in times of peace and war.
The liberties we enjoy as Americans don’t come without a cost. The Special Forces bear the burden of having the highest number of wounded personnel of any other U.S. Special Operations Forces (SOF) proponent. The Green Beret Foundation serves these quiet professionals who bravely serve the American people and its freedoms.
Green Beret Foundation is a 501(c)3 that provides resources for various health and welfare programs that assist the wounded, ill or injured Special Forces warrior.
Some of the more common issues GBF can assist with
Health and Welfare:
- Advanced rehabilitation programs
- Equipment related to rehabilitation and operational health and performance
- Treatments and procedures not covered by the DOD, the Veterans Affairs, or TRICARE
- In-Vitro fertilization for those whose reproductive capacity has been affected by their wounds, injury or illness
- Career & educational opportunities
- Transportation and lodging for medical treatments not covered by TRICARE
- Transportation and lodging for Veterans seeking medical assistance through VA
- Rare occasions when travel for medical purposes for our wounded on active duty is not covered by the government
- Costs incurred by family members for Gold Star events and certain memorials
- Resources to aid and assist the spouses and children of the Special Forces community who have been affected by the loss of their loved one
- Certain financial hardships approved by the Board of Directors